Irene Kirschner, age 24, died on May 19, 1932 after an abortion believed to have been perpetrated by Dr. Lou E. Davis. When police went to arrest Davis for Irene’s death, they found another abortion-injured woman at her house but no sign of Davis.
Davis was also implicated in five other Chicago abortion deaths:
- Dr. Lou E. DavisSeptember, 1913, 27-year-old Anna Adler
- May, 1924, 26-year-old Mary Whitney
- November, 1928, 22-year-old Anna Borndal
- December, 1928, 23-year-old Esther V. Wahlstrom
- February, 1934, 27-year-old Gertrude Gaesswitz.
- “Seek Physician in Girl’s Death; Find New Victim,” Chicago Tribune, May 25, 1932