Malachy DeHenreSUMMARY: Malachy DeHenre performed a fatal abortion on Leigh Ann Alford, age 34, at Summit Medical Center in Mobile, AL.. She died on November 26, 2003.
Leigh Ann Stephens Alford, age 34, underwent a safe and legal abortion at the hands of Dr. Malachy DeHenre at Summit Medical Center of Alabama, a National Abortion Federation member clinic, on November 25, 2003.
Leigh Ann was discharged from the clinic 20 minutes after her abortion, according to a lawsuit filed by her husband. Within six hours, he said, he called the facility to report that Leigh Ann was suffering pain and fever, and was told that his wife did not need to be seen. He later found her lying unresponsive on the floor. She died about 18 hours after the clinic had sent her home. Death was attributed to hemorrhagic shock from an unrecognized uterine perforation.
- “Mississippi physician has his Alabama license suspended after abortion death,” Anniston (AL) Star, Aug.15, 2004
- Associated Press, Thu, Aug. 19, 2004
- Mississippi suspends license of doctor who performed abortions
- Mississippi physician has Alabama license suspended after abortion death
- Open Book: Poor Guy!
- Suspended doc: Didn’t like doing 35,000 abortions
- Clarion Ledger, “Miss. suspends abortion doc eyed in Ala. death” 12/18/04
- Medical board disciplinary documents