Irene Kirschner, age 24, died on May 19, 1932 after an abortion believed to have been perpetrated by Dr. Lou E. Davis
. When police went to arrest Davis for Irene's death, they found another abortion-injured woman at her house but no sign of Davis.
Davis was also implicated in five other Chicago abortion deaths:
September, 1913, 27-year-old Anna Adler
|Dr. Lou E. Davis|
- May, 1924, 26-year-old Mary Whitney
- November, 1928, 22-year-old Anna Borndal
- December, 1928, 23-year-old Esther V. Wahlstrom
- February, 1934, 27-year-old Gertrude Gaesswitz.
- "Seek Physician in Girl's Death; Find New Victim," Chicago Tribune, May 25, 1932